Friday, March 25, 2011

Relay for Life

Hello world! Today is a dreary day once again since having a balmy 56 degrees last week! I am home for lunch today......uhhhh, supposed to be cleaning since we are having my Relay for Life meeting here tomorrow AND my wonderful hubby's birthday party.......but here I sit tap, tap, tapping on the computer! I am trying new ventures (or adventures) this year. Still searching for my calling and looking to get out of this floundering rut. I have a friend that her father was just diagnosed with cancer a couple of months ago. We had the opportunity to sign up to do the Relay for Life. I was voted as team captain! Did I really know what I was getting into? Uhhh, NO! But, here I go anyway! We are supposed to come up with a movie theme (we have some great ideas!), the campsite must be decorated in this theme, costumes etc. while getting in shape to walk all night. You know, Cancer NEVER sleeps! I need your help! We have all been touched by cancer in our lives. A loved one or a friend. I am doing this so that I can contribute in some small way. Relay for Life is for the American Cancer Society. It helps fund research, educate and lobby bills for ALL types of cancers. The money is dispersed to every single entity! If you would like to help my team meet our goal, here is the link! Thank you in advance!
http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/RelayForLife/RFLFY11GW?px=18883453&pg=personal&fr_id=33951

Blessings and hugs!

Sherri

No comments: