Friday, August 21, 2009

blast from the past

As we started back to school this week, I couldn't help but think about my younger days. Not that I am old, 44, if you must know. Thirty was a shocker, but at 44 I still feel like I'm in my twenties. My body doesn't really look like that or feel like that, but my mind won't let me go any further! You might call it immaturity, but I don't mind. Just this afternoon I was cleaning/playing on facebook and decided that I needed some music. Not just any music, but my new fav! 80's on 8! Have you heard of this on Sirrius? I am lovin it! So, I start thinking about high school and all the fun we had back in 1981 to 1983. Then of course I felt like my buddies should be reminissing with me. What a blast! We loved going to the lake, our favorite hang out "The Sandwich Shack". I do remember one somber sad night shortly after my next door neighbor and good friend had been killed after leaving a party. We were ALL discussing how we needed to mend our party ways. What did it take, a month maybe? As teenagers we think we are indispensible. I will be hugging my boys and giving loving lectures on having safe fun! Too bad the skating rink is not such a cool place to hang like when we were in high school. Thinking of the old days are fun, but I would not trade my life with my wonderful hubby and two beautiful boys! What do you remember about high school?

1 comment:

Tami said...

Nothing like the 80's....and a little walk down memory lane! ;o)