Sunday, March 8, 2009

Help me fight cancer......


Our family has personally been touched with too many friends and family being diagnosed with cancer. It saddens me, but has also made me realize that I want to try to do something about raising donations for cancer research. I came up with this bracelet specifically for this purpose.

This series is called "Spoonfuls of Love" and 50% of the proceeds will be donated to The American Cancer Society. I decided to do this since the family and friends that have been afflicted by this horrible disease have been diagnosed with Colon, Ovarian, Pancreatic and Breast Cancer. I can't choose just one branch to donate to. I hope that you will help me in this fight. If we all do just a little, we can make an impact in a HUGE way.

This is a vintage silver plated spoon, hand stamped and placed in a solution for the pretty patina. The color is so cool. There are purple, pink and copper hues to it with a pretty little dove!

If you are interested in one of these pieces, please email me. I accept paypal. They will be made to order and colors may vary slightly.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Such a WONDERFUL idea Sherri!!
Very pretty~ I love vintage spoons~vintage everything really~especially when it's used in a diffrent way than it was intended~& yours is for such a good cause too~fantastic!!
Catherine